The love and lies of Rukhsana Ali / Sabina Khan.
Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (8hr., 32 min.)) : digital.
Publisher: [United States] : Scholastic, 2019.
Distributor: Made available through hoopla
Most resources are available to all onsite at owning library unless resident access is indicated.
- Access for Beverly residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Beverly residents
- Access for Danvers residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Danvers residents
- Access for Gloucester residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Gloucester residents
- Access for Lynnfield residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Lynnfield residents
- Access for Peabody residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Peabody residents
- Access for Reading residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Reading residents
- Access for Salem residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Salem residents
- Access for Stoneham residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Stoneham residents
- Access for Wakefield residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Wakefield residents
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 1338352873 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 9781338352870 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Edition: Unabridged.
|Restrictions on Access:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer:||Read by Richa Shukla.|
|Summary:||With a welcome mix of humor, heart, and high-stakes drama, Sabina Khan provides a timely and honest portrait of what it's like to grow up feeling unwelcome in your own culture. Seventeen-year-old Rukhsana Ali tries her hardest to live up to her conservative Muslim parents' expectations, but lately she's finding that impossible to do. She rolls her eyes when they blatantly favor her brother and saves her crop tops and makeup for parties her parents don't know about. Luckily, only a few more months stand between her carefully monitored life in Seattle and her new life at Caltech. But when her parents catch her kissing her girlfriend Ariana, all of Rukhsana's plans fall apart. Her parents are devastated and decide to whisk Rukhsana off to Bangladesh, where she is thrown headfirst into a world of arranged marriages and tradition. Through reading her grandmother's old diary, Rukhsana gains some much-needed perspective and realizes she must find the courage to fight for her love without losing the connection to her family as a consequence.|
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
|Subject:||Muslim girls -- Fiction
Bengali Americans -- Fiction
Lesbians -- Fiction
Mothers and daughters -- Fiction
Identity (Psychology) -- Fiction
Arranged marriage -- Fiction
Bangladesh -- Social life and customs -- Fiction
Citation: Khan, Sabina. "The love and lies of Rukhsana Ali." United States : Scholastic, 2019.